Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 20 April 2015

AIDA at Sydney Harbour

Over the weekend we watched Verdi's opera AIDA which was set at the water's edge, with a backdrop of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera house. The setting, with a towering cast of Nefertiti was visually engaging. I enjoyed the music and the singing but I was very disappointed by all the rest. The costumes were bizarre and out of place, some of the casting was dubious, and the design of the set and the way the opera unfolded just didn't seem to work at all. It is not often that I am disappointed on this continent but this was one of the occasions. However I am sure you will enjoy seeing the lovely cast of Nefertiti which was the backdrop for the opera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)