Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 21 February 2015

Nature's force

There can only be one blog post this week.
We have had two cyclones Marcia and Lars battering the Queensland coastline and while here in the city we have not had the damaging winds, yet,  we have had two full days of almost relentless rain. Rivers are bursting their banks, creeks are overflowing, storm drains are struggling to keep up with the flow. Suddenly you can see that nature here unfurls in a very strong and sometimes unpredictable way.

I was warned about the storm of 27th November on my phone. I looked out the window and the skies were blue. By the time I had gone downstairs to shut the French doors the skies had turned within minutes and the most unbelievably ferocious storm was unleashing itself upon us.

Cyprus is frozen, I suspect for a short while and Niagara falls frozen for longer. But there is only one take home message from all of this.

From Maria Stylianou- Landscapes of Cyprus 
Respect what is out there and give it a wide berth. The Australian authorities have been proactive in preparing and averting any loss to human life. Property damage is almost inevitable at wind speeds of 250 kms an hour, so for the moment everyone I am staying put, with lots of rainy day projects,  hoping to God, the creek at the bottom of my road doesn’t  end up flowing through my living room.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)