Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Clever Birds

I said I would give you an update on the cockatoos. They visit regularly. The sick ones though sadly not. The other day I watched as two came to the table. This time one picked up the sunflower seed ball ( new to the bird table) and started eating away. The other one approached and tried to share but the first one would have nothing of it. So I gave her a piece of her own and they were having a feast with their seeds. They had so much dexterity in their manipulation it was great to watch. Not unlike my fellow Cypriots eating pasatembo, at the cinema !  






Don't think though that it is just these big squawking birds that impress. I had made a tuna salad for lunch, put it on the table outside and then went to the get the plates. A Pied butcher bird swept down and picked the tuna out of the salad and had a great Sunday lunch. They have a completely different palate ! I was so amused I forgot to take a picture of it. Picture from Owen Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)