Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 28 September 2013

Purple panic

Some weeks ago the hubby and I were arguing in a street about whether the tree in front of us was a flame or a jacaranda. A woman walking by heard us and stopped. She explained the difference between the trees and then told us all about the jacaranda and its significance here - it is commonly known as Purple Panic because all kids associate its flowering with the time that exams are approaching so a lot of young people might be quite conflicted seeing this tree come into bloom. Exam time, long gone for me, so I can only truly enjoy the splendour of their blooming all over the city, in my valley and and rather annoyingly in my pool. Still, looking for the silver lining here, I thought there was something rather special about the fallen flowers gathered in the corner so I took a picture of them for you. 
Along the river
In the pool 

From my balcony 

 Our very own jacaranda tree in the back garden 

They are natives of South America but do exceptionally well in slightly hot tropical or sub tropical climes and they clearly are at home here.Purple splendour and haze. Purple Haze of course a more familiar sound track of Jimi Hendrix's that some of us may still recall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)