Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 5 March 2012

Nosy Nilgai

We were walking in Sanjay Van and Tara was ahead. Suddenly I heard her barking and what with her barking earlier today because of the earthquake in Delhi I wasnt quite sure what the problem was. I turned the corner to find a lovely young male Nilgai who took fright initially and bounded into the forest and then as we walked on it would reappear and nosey around us. It was the sweetest thing and was quite intrigued by this short stocky pale furry thing prancing around in front of him.

2 comments:

  1. I had to google the definition of nilgai!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    My name is Kush and I am working on the conservation of Delhi Ridge. As part of that project we made a page to keep people updated of what all goes on in Sanjay Van.

    I found your blog via google and I think it's quite interesting. I am glad you took time while you were in Delhi to go for a walk in Sanjay Van. We want more Delhi residents to take pride in their city's forests which are diminishing rapidly under insane amounts of concrete and construction.

    As part of our awareness campaigns we'll be organizing workshops, events and walks in Sanjay Van. And hopefully if you're in Delhi you are welcome to join us.

    You can follow us here for updates: https://www.facebook.com/SanjayVanDelhi

    Thanks and Byee,
    Kush

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)