Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 27 March 2012

A fine balance

Living in cities or anywhere in the world is always a compromise. Where you were brought up and your memories of that place  and what living environment is good for you is subjective and sometimes irrational. Often cities may have some elements of what is important to you but not all.

One of the things I have missed living in Delhi is proximity to water.I was brought up not far from the sea and then lived in a number of places where again the sea or rivers were central.  I found Brisbane to be a city that had a fine balance of all that matters to me. The river offers the proximity to water and though we had no time this trip to explore further the Gold and Sunshine coasts are not far. The high rises gave me the feeling that the city was on the cutting edge of business and efficiency but also looked attractive and modern on the sky line and the older parts of the city and the beautiful gardens offered me the sense of history and culture that is instantly appealling to me and enables me to better understand a new place. Remarkably the only place we saw graffiti was on the bamboo growing in the botanical gardens !

So in this final blog about Oz I will try through the pictures I took to give you a glimpse of this fine balance. Perhaps you will feel it is a good mixture too. It may even make you reflect on what it is you look for when you visit a place whether for a visit or as a new home.What is good for you and what do you look for in a city?






1 comment:

  1. Is that tree trunks in the second-to-last photo? Very wicked cool!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)