Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 14 November 2010

Closer to home


It must be a little irritating to naturalists when their guests say- yes we have seen them in our garden. Truth be told however we are lucky enough to enjoy a large number of birds in our garden and while the pictures may not be so good we even have some regulars - a couple of whoopees and a disabled minar bird with one leg, countless parakeets and loud plovers who swoop on Tara on our early morning walk when a red red sun is just bursting through the haze of winter fog.It makes me appreciate the precariousness of the bird life in India even more as I have it on my doorstep but it doesnt stop me from seeking to see it elsewhere as well.
 Bee eaters who enjoy regular dips in the pool. The underside of their wings is an irridescent green.
 One of the hoopoe couple who regularly feeds in the garden.
My disabled Minah bird

The sun red hot and ready to do its daily work.

2 comments:

  1. you beat me to it! i thought about writing a birdie blog as well. my lime green parakeets entertain me while i eat breakfast on the balcony - and the mynahs, i have thousands! they roost in the trees around my house - they're off during the day, return home faithfully at sunset, and chat away just before dawn and flying off to do whatever it is they do.... t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you can blog about it and it would fascinating to hear your take on it as well. There is so much to talk about. Thanks for reading and let me know your blog details when you decide to write. All the best Marina
    PS and I didnt even talk about the jungle bablers who for me are the gossiping women of the bird kingdom

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)