Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 16 September 2010

An uncomfortable reality

Everyone I talk to is affected or close to someone who is down with Denghue, typhoid or virulent viral infections. EVERYONE.A friend reported that when she went into hospital she was put on a hospital trolley as there were no beds available.These illnesses, while mostly not life threatening, make people extremely ill and put them out of action for days, if not weeks.There is a certain inevitability about it and it is worrying because you know it is only a matter of time before you or a member of your family succumbs and there is precious little you can do about it.

And YET the UN has classed Delhi as a Level A hardship post- in plain english they equate living here and living in Geneva as the same - NO HARDSHIP.

All my clothes, my shoes and god knows what else that I havent yet discovered are becoming green and mouldy from the constant rain and humidity-

The roads - well there are few without pot holes-  are a nightmare with constant construction going on and congestion.

And the UN considers that living here and living in Geneva is the same. How absurd it that.

2 comments:

  1. Quite absurd. I have become totally paranoid about Dengue and my little boys...just crossing my fingers and holding my breath each day that they stay healthy. I bet the inhabitants of Geneva don't have that as a daily stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet they dont,and they dont have to travel on pot holed roads with views of rubbish heaps. Sore subject let me tell you and lets hope we all stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)