Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 September 2010

After the Rain


This time however it is not about the chaos and the destruction, the gaping holes in the roads, the erosion of the tarmac, the destruction of properties and livelihoods from the flooding but it is what happens around me when the rain stops and the sun comes up even briefly. The leaves glisten, the flowers open and the whole atmosphere is covered with these delicate dragonflies that incidentally come in all sorts of different colours, blue, black, orange and red. They are beautiful and I know so little about them I have resolved to find out more.


And then the butterflies which are just everywhere in the neighbourhood now.On a recent walk I counted no less that 10 varieties in one small area. Admirals, swallow tails, little blues and the names go on and on. So I now have the book of Indian Butterflies in an attempt to find out more about them too. Meantime enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I love seeing the dragonflies, too--I've never seen so many flying at once over the green spaces in our neighborhood, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)