Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 8 April 2022

Xmas at Easter time.

 For my gift this Xmas I asked for an art class course. 


My voucher had the personal drawings of my lovely neighbour's children Cayden, Arlie and Leo on the reverse which Anthony organised while he was here. They are so sweet. 
I went along to the workshop and met my teacher Deb and her lovely side kick Val, her sister who was such a great help to all of us all day long. There were about 10 women in this twee garden, a house lost in the greenery, the decorated pots , the hanging baskets, the leafy fronds of ferns tickling as you walked by.
She was just the most adorable of Aussie women, down to earth, unpretentious, just the bees knees or should I say the gal with the green dress and pink hair. 

She took us through the process and let us loose in mosaic bits, in their hundreds, glass glittering, tiles shining, bits broken off, old jewellery beads abounding, squares, shards, perfect circles and so much more. 
I had never done anything like this before and I knew I wanted to do something with a bird in it and so I set off outlining my bird on a branch, my house number, my verdant green sun and garden. There was a little bit of chatter but there was a lot more of the focusing and working away trying to get it done. It was engaging and mesmerising, surprising and beautiful and many walked away with wonderful pots and plaques of which they could be rightly proud. It was also totally exhausting. 
Here is mine - thank you my darling boys for giving me this opportunity to create something with love and care. Its not perfect but that is what makes it mine. This post is dedicated to Kathy Raynaud for her own masterpiece which she brought all the way to India. You were in my thoughts all day Kathy. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful debute Marina! Isn't it fun ?! I was really touched by the dedication. Thanks. Keep up the good work ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you Kathy !

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)