Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 4 September 2021

Nature's colours

My moment of awe outside my bedroom window this morning. They called loudly. I leaned out and there they were, a pair of pale headed rosellas. Caught the outline of one against the starkness of the frangipani, slowly coming out of its winter slumber. 

A walk to the post office to see how in the 21st Century I can get messages and missives to loved ones. It takes time, like in the olden days. I still love it as they plop down into my post box. That special card chosen just for you, the words thought out carefully, kisses and hugs to end the message. 

Yesterday the walk to the post office revealed a purple grevillea, one I have never come across before. The way back was down Zig Zag street. I love the street names here. They choose unusual ones by necessity to name many streets in this vast continent. I have written about them before. Zig Zag had pom poms and crochet up its trunk, a loving neighbourly gesture. Then a vertical up and down along the extraordinary streets of this city back to home. 






Pink Kangaroo paws unfurling in the gentle light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)