Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 10 September 2021

Brisbane's Art Boat

Last night I dragged the hubby out to the Art Boat on the Brisbane River. I had spent a frantic hour in the morning looking for the tickets I knew I had bought on my lap top over a month ago. To be fair he was reluctant to go, but did help by looking up the payments I had made for the event. Finally I found them- oh old age. 

So off we went down to the riverside of my favourite City. It never disappoints. 

We embarked and were given a safety briefing. Told how to put our life vests on. We waited to see if they would give us the Brace position haha.  We chatted to a delightful couple next to us and agreed that this was almost a little teaser for being able to travel - this time at snail's pace on a huge barge with tantalising lights and as if to rub salt in wounds, the image and sound of occasional planes overhead. LOL.

It was a beautiful spring night. There were tables and high chairs around the sides so once you bought a drink from the bar and some delicious bar nuts you could look out to the river and enjoy the breeze. 


We were welcomed to country by Yuggera and Turbal man Shannon Ruska who also gave us some of the aboriginal history near Breakfast Creek.  The colourful installations were by ENESS and people loved them. Many a selfie with fat bobbing balls were taken. I have spared you that misery. 

Soon after live music started with a young Saxophonist and DJ playing and then a gorgeous young girl with guitar and an amazing voice. By the end of the voyage, (it was slow) many people were dancing on the dance floor. I joined them. It felt liberating and fun.


One of the installations near Hamilton 
The Story Bridge lit up Blue for the evening.

I can only say a big well done to Brisbane Festival Organisers. They have showcased 1000 local artists and 168 First Nations artists in a rich and diverse programme over 23 days which extends throughout the city and the suburbs. We are privileged to have it at our sanitised fingertips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)