Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 12 August 2021

Hold onto your handbag

Today I was doing a live programme at the Radio and one of the articles I read was this one - because it was a break from Covid news and I was curious about what they had to say. 

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/strong-returns-the-best-designer-bags-jewellery-to-invest-in/news-story/df3eb1d2934c2bedc54965020d798a44

I read it, tongue in cheek, and thought what a load of baloney, codswallop -but then walked into town and the first shop that hit me was a new one with a spinning wheel and would you believe it designer handbags. So all you women out there - forget gold and titanium, bricks and mortar. An Hermes - Birkin or Louis Vuitton is the one for you - never mind that most of them are not big enough to hold a purse let alone anything else - the funniest bit was don't bother buying new - pay the inflated second hand value price because we think that is better for our world. Oh my, what has the world come to. 😕

Well I laughed my head off and can tell you with certainty that this is one investment advice I will not be following, let alone be caught holding any of these, but its a funny thought storing your investment handbags at home. Would holding one over each shoulder make you an insanely rich woman?

Today's visit to the city was the first after several weeks at home or in the neighbourhood and it was lovely to come across this inventive wall paper for the lobby of a downtown block of flats- Book group this is one for all of us. Wasn't our session fun on zoom last night. 


Finally, just so we always remember where we stand in the world and where so many others are. - In this case under a construction tunnel, admittedly next to some nice art, this must be the neatest homeless  bedding in Brisbane. Sadly the occupant wasn't around but it cant be easy. We need to remember that in covid times where people struggle to survive, put a roof over their head, or keep sanitised. Bricks and mortar still OK with me. 



This is a stunning bit of public art, a woman I suspect, but mercifully lacking any arms with which to hold her investment handbags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)