Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 25 June 2020

Discoveries with Dougall 23 - Today's offerings

I woke up to a sunny day, the arctic wind had died in the night, and the skies were that clear blue which sets my heart racing so I went in search of my exuberant four legged friend and we set out on a ramble which exceeded expectations. Offerings from today: 




The warmth on my neck, the dappled light coming through the trees, the colours, even in these winter months, were all there to greet me and once more I felt that joy of being there, that appetite- inducing, endorphin- producing, energising strength that comes from experiencing these empty paths with a mad but oh so fun dog. More than that and perhaps best of all it inspires me to come home and write, smile at the infrequent passers-by, and reassess my view of this otherwise troubled world. I read the relaxation of regulations and immediately think of the short memories of humanity and that more than anything reminds me I cannot be complacent or careless. The virus is still very much cutting through unsuspecting members of humankind indiscriminately and harshly and for that we can only shudder and stand our prescribed distance for our sakes and everyone else's. Take care and stay safe. 












































No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)