Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 6 December 2018

Little Steps go a Long Way.

Today I want to talk about initiatives I see and experience which are worth sharing with my few but dedicated followers. Why ? Because they give us hope that city councils and people in authority but also ordinary people are actually looking at things the right way round. Let me explain:

Busy Mall in the City. One of the shops was recently vacated.Where high rents can be charged. The next time I went through it this is what I found :




A little haven in the city where anyone can walk in and pick up a book, sit down, read, listen to a podcast and have some down time.

My Library just sent me this notice :

"Do you, or any of your family and friends have outstanding library fees?

Council's libraries are getting into the spirit of Christmas by offering to
waive outstanding library fees and fines between 1-31 December 2018.


Customers who return their overdue books to a library during December 2018 or
have existing overdue fines, processing fees and/or holds fees will have these
fees waived in exchange for a can of food. Please note that perishable food
items cannot be accepted.

This year, Council's library amnesty will donate all food to Foodbank Queensland
 an organisation that distributes food to charities and community organisations
 who assist those in need."


SO next time I am in town I will take canned food to the Library to help those in need. 

And today on my walk along Ithaca Creek this Notice appeared : 

This is the open end of someones back yard, created for everyone to share if they want, along Ithaka Creek. For those perhaps who haven't got a garden or just want somewhere nice to sit. Here it is provided and shared by people in the Community. 
So what examples do you have to share here of how you are pleasantly surprised by collective or individual initiatives ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)