Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 18 November 2018

Today's Treasure

Dougall hurtled me to it and I picked it up gingerly and then admired it the whole way home.





Exquisite would you not agree?
The pod comes from Flindersia Australis, aka Crow's Ash and this is a rainforest tree well known for its hard wood which is the equivalent of Australian teak.
When I look at this pod I think
Smooth and silky
Rough and tough
Serrated and symmetrical
Enticing and encapsulating
Strong and formidable
Forbidding and yet floating
Fabulous in every way
What can you say about it ...

1 comment:

Leave a comment :)