Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 13 July 2017

BAT ART- Orange is the New Black

I was walking in the garden, looking at the expertly peeled mandarin skins lying on the ground and then the black marks by the pool. Then I laughed heartily all by myself - first signs of madness perhaps-or profound jet lag- it struck me that this was the bats' version of Orange is the new Black. The bats, or flying foxes as they are called are currently having their very own Mandarin Festival where they gorge on the fruit from our tree at night and then poop on the tiles. Here was one upside down fella who opened his eyes just as I took the photo. 




It made me think of an art work in Ralph's Garage by Richard Bell that I had recently seen going on a guided ART walk in West End. The artist's work introduced thoughts about indigenous people, dispossession, humans and animals and the pressures on the land. All we can do is share. That is only fair.  Bats enjoy mandarins as much as I do. At times, you surprise even yourself at what things "poop" into your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)