Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Allez la revolution

A very good friend of mine and I email frequently. Her last email to me said I am planning a dinner party, playing in a tournament and plotting a revolution. I was impressed - and all in the space of a week. I asked her which was the most challenging, and tongue in cheek, we both agreed it was probably the dinner party! 

What is heartening in life is that people around us have this "can do" attitude and sometimes the goals might be such that a week is cutting it fine but the reality is that it is the seeds that start the action that spread from one to another and then become a movement and this is what we hope in political activism the world over, whether decrying the climate change policies in the US, the Neo nazi movements in Europe, the refugee crises and the way our beloved homeland and its people are managing their future. Time to think differently, more creatively about overcoming the problems that have beset this little island for so long. I am hoping the seeds of revolution will take hold, spread widely and yield abundant food for thought. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)