Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 11 February 2017

Courier mail - post haste Cyprus style

I sent my sister a document by courier - Aus post cost $50 to deliver it in 3-4 working days.
Perfect I thought, so off it went. The 3-4 days went by, then 4-5, and then over 7.
Finally yesterday she got a call and this is how it went:

Kyria Anna?
A: Yes
Kyria Anna kalimera I am Mr P from the post office.
A: Good morning Mr P.
Mr P: Are you the Kyria Anna who was a candidate for Mayor of Nicosia?
A: Yes Mr P, I was - what can I do for you ?
Mr P: I want you to know I voted for you.
Mr P: Kyria Anna I have an envelope for you. Do you want me to bring it to you ?I s it urgent ?
A: I have no idea. An envelope - where is it from, Income Tax, the Municipality, or from abroad?
Mr P: Let me look - it's from abroad - Austria.
A: Austria ?? Are you sure or could it be Australia ?
Mr P: Oo stravara mou - yes you are right it is Australia !
Its raining outside, do you want it now?
Why don't you come round tomorrow and I will treat you to a coffee and I can give it to you then?
A: Ok Mr P I will come for coffee ...
And so the Cypriot style has overtaken the urgency and the rain for another day, promising a coffee on delivery. Life cant get better than that ! I laughed my head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)