Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Changi's best kept secret

Forget the Louis Vuitton and the Prada. I have discovered a whole new angle to Changi Airport in Singapore which is so much more preferable then window shopping for items on display I would not be caught dead with.I am all for diversity in this world, and there is still a market for them, but they are not my cup of tea. I did find another and the cup was full and overflowing.

Did you know the airport has a Butterfly Garden in Terminal 3?  I pushed the heavy door open and was momentarily thinking this was Kew in the Hot House or Brisbane last week. The air was heavy and the moisture palpable but the plants love it and it shows. The pitcher plants were full, the leaves glossy and the flowers bursting with colour. The blossoms were just the kind of triggers that the butterflies are looking for, inviting and sweet with nectar, and ready for indulging in a good feed or some old fashioned hanky panky.

I wandered round taking in the information and the beauty of the butterflies around me – what a perfect way to while away the time a flight is delayed, open to all, but you have to look for the sign and be curious enough to follow it.
Now you know, it’s a perfect little Singaporean secret.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)