Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 March 2016

There was once an incy wincy spider ....

Except this one wasn't climbing up the spout so much as strolling on my floors. Now he was not as incy wincy as my brain would like him to be and when I saw him I stopped in my tracks. I went and got a pyrex dish and placed it strategically on top.


Then I got on with the ironing but as I was therapeutically removing the creases and the kinks from my life and the sheets I was becoming increasingly aware that I was suffocating this spider. My unease continued until finally I said I had to do liberate it, found some cardboard  to slip under the pyrex and took him into the garden to release him and do the RIGHT THING. 

Except, except that I had not seen that lurking right next to a fern where I had released him was my pet water dragon and before I had even managed to straighten up it had made a lurch forward and slurped him up and munched on him good and proper. I was mortified - but I guess the water dragon may have thought it was Xmas and I did, for a moment ,think I was doing the right thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)