Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 3 March 2013

Relentless Rain

My leather mocassins are soaked through. Lesson no 1 adopt flip flop footwear all year round. 
My hair could not be tamed in a hurricane of hair dryers. There is a mustiness and some steam coming from my body after this prolonged, relentless exposure to Brisbane rain. 

I can see how and why flooding happens, I can see the insidious side of it. It creeps up behind you and engulfs you and leaves you powerless in its path. I have to look at Floodwise reports before considering any house to live in and Noah would have loved it here. 
The grey covers the sky, occasionally it turns to black and then it is sheeting down. Otherwise there is a gentle but constant patter on the tin roofs, the gullies are streams of clear and copious rain water and thank god for the storm drains and the relative sophistication of the sewage and drainage system. Memories of India at its worst arise here so perhaps this is a step in the right direction, as the water actually manages to go somewhere here. 
Still the lusciousness of the vegetation is the obvious winner all round, and time, much time to absorb the fine writing of Robert Hughes as he unfolds the epic history of Australia's founding through his book "The Fatal Shore".The need to keep my thoughts in check a struggle of some proportions. 

1 comment:

  1. And I can see, it is still raining!!!!Thinking of you ,you better start building an arch.Hugs M-CL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)