Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 12 September 2011

A celebration

Blogging is of course about sharing but I have rarely put my family in the forefront of my blog. Today however marks the exception and while I dont talk about him often or show him I know that in deciding to spend my life with Charles or Charlie, as we affectionately call him, I chose an uncertain path and one where I was giving up so much, but which ultimately has offered me so much more.

Today we are quietly but happily celebrating 25 years of married life and a longer history of knowing each other for 35. I can hardly say the numbers - they seem best confined to the old and the infirm, to couples with pot bellies and blue rinses but here we are in India of all places, empty nesters and totally content in each other's company and values.

He annoys the hell out of me, is particular about airports and the radio but he engages me daily with his vast knowledge, his caring attitude and his youthfulness. He says he will outlive me of which I have no doubt but in that amble to the finish or whatever it is, I would like to believe we will have many more shared moments of a life spiced with adventure, harmony and happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this Marina! I love that he annoys the hell out of you ... love that you are totally content with each other.

    Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks N ! Hope the same for you and Todd x m

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)