Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 5 June 2011

Arushi Girls home - a Salaam Baalak Trust Home




It is to my good friend Celia Marsh from Switzerland that I owe this initiative as she very kindly and generously supplied the money for it and I put it into operation. I visited Arushi girls home sometime last year and was struck at how well organised it was and how the girls supported one another. I asked what they lacked and the idea was planted - the girls love to dance and listen to music but they didnt have a proper sound system so today a compact but top of the range sound system was delivered to them.The girls wanted to know about Switzerland and I said it had snow and lakes and was very beautiful like Kashmir and that quite a few Bollywood films were made there. They wanted to know how people earned their livelihood so I told them about Swiss cows and banks. Someone jokingly said yes that is where Indian politicians keep their money !
They were curious about Anthony and me and how we liked India and what we were doing here. I practised my few words of Hindi but much more impressively they talked to me in almost fautless English that they learn in school
Once installation was complete we needed to try it all out so we did at full blast and the girls danced away and I joined them for some faulty Bollywood moves at the end. Great fun.



2 comments:

  1. love it love it love it!

    I love Arushi also ... and love that they have music now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it too always so nice to go and see the girls. x m

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)