Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 26 May 2011

Seher and Subash

These are my little choclit kids - they belong to the landlady's driver. The family came from Bihar  because the wife has some health problems which at great cost and a lot of time the driver is trying to solve with limited success it seems. The result it that they have been living on our compound for some months now and they are the sweetest and handsomest children I have met for a long time. Their names are Seher and Subash and their smile and countenance are instantly uplifting whatever your mood.
There was a time that I was concerned that the children were not going to school and that they needed to. I think so much was spent on the wife's medical expenses that there was little left over for school fees and uniforms but also because the children were enrolled to go to school in Bihar.
The end result - no school while they were here and a joy for us all to share. We hopped, we ran, we chased Tara, we bounced on the trampoline and we did crazy kiddie things together which perhaps now that my boys are older I miss and I had endless supplies of "choclit hai ? " I have sat down with them and done lego and looked at books though my Hindi is pitiful and their English not much better but we understood each other perfectly and had fun.
Sadly for me they have now gone to Bihar because it is not usual for employees to have their families living with them and in their father's sadness to see them go I too feel keenly their absence from my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)