Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 24 April 2011

A comment I wanted to share with you

My blog on Coronation Park raised this comment from a reader and with their kind permission I would like to share this with you all. She said:

Your pictures remind me of the poem "Ozymandias" by Shelley:


"I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.

And on the pedestal these words appear --

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Shelley captured so well how imperial power ends in wrecked, broken and neglected statutes, even as it always imagines that it will be permanent.



1 comment:

  1. I like your blog there every information is good. i have a good project which is recently launched by Famous Builder in Real Estate Victory Infratech with the name of
    Habitat Centre. Have you any information about Habitat Centre please contact with Property Frames.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment :)