Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 13 November 2022

In Melbourne

The city came into view above the overpass and greeted us grey with clouds hanging low, heavy in the sky. Its been a while since we have been here so we headed out to explore. A Pizza at Max's set us up for a few hours for finding our way in the city and enjoying the crowds, the diversity of people and the music. 

We stopped outside the old Post office Building now an H&M and I went up to one of the women protesting. She asked me if I wanted to stand with her for a while and my eyes filled with tears. Of course I will and I told her we all should, this was not an acceptable way for people to live. I called hubby to hold one of the signs while I took a photo of them and we stood and talked about the power of protest and how important it was that we should all show solidarity with the women in Iran. They had been standing for ten hours. We can all spare time to stand with them, sign a petition for sanctions against Iran and support their cause in every way we can. 
Onto the Royal arcade and Gog and Magog - my Greek connections all over again. 
Here is Gog - he looks fierce but may mean well. Not sure ...
Walking around, taking in the striking modern architecture juxtaposed with the older heritage buildings.
Through the Cathedral Gardens we come across this couple Pastor Sir Doug and Lady Gladys Nicholls. The first memorial statue in Melbourne dedicated to two Aboriginal community leaders. 

This moving tribute - Peace to the Unconquered further down the road. 

A sign of Peace in our times though right in front of our eyes, generations that no longer speak to one another. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)