Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 11 November 2022

Discoveries with Dougall 48 - Dianella

Yes I have missed my walks with Dougall. I stopped after a challenging one where I felt he had simply become too strong for me, but I do miss him, so yesterday with my Security blanket in tow (aka hubby) we set off once again. Bright blue sky, a bouncy slobbery dog sooo happy to see us. We were too. 

We came across these beauties which I am sharing with you today. Dianella, an Australian Native Flax lily is just phenomenally beautiful. A simple grass, planted on many borders it transforms itself at this time of year to these extraordinary flowers and fruit. Dougall obliged by stopping and letting me take photos of them. 

They are truly amazing in their colour variations and collections. 

As some of you know, I always delight in finding connections in my worlds such as they are and for this one I can tell you that Dianella was named so after Diana, the Greek Goddess of hunting - both equally beautiful without doubt. A blue reminiscent of the Greek world and Remembrance Day today all over the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)