Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 March 2022

Between a Rock ...

A bleak start to the day. A click of a button delivers an unwelcome development. Off to the radio however as programmed, where I enjoy the distraction of a smorgasbord of news to choose from. Zelenskyy addressing the Australian parliament tomorrow afternoon, the Great Barrier Reef suffering its fourth bleaching, can it be saved? The Australian public lukewarm about the budget and ably described by the opposition leader as "having all the sincerity of a fake tan". The fallout out from the Will Smith and Chris Rock still rocking the front pages of most of the papers and sometimes these things just keep resurfacing. 

The sun crept out and I was looking forward to my walk through the park. A beautiful vista as I turned into it near the Gandhi Memorial and walked past this ROCK.



I get home to find that half my tibouchina tree has crashed down in the winds and only a part of it is left. They say bad things happen in three. Just wondering what the third might be. What doesn't break you makes you more resilient - perhaps even as hard as a rock ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)