Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 March 2022

As waters recede

Walking the Ancient Path to Peace and Kindness. 


The waters have receded and the cleanups are well underway. The war is raging and Ukrainians are fleeing Putin's army and those that remain are brave beyond words. I just worry that once these two shattering events get knocked off the front page their plight will fade. I cannot bear the thought of those rendered homeless here, and those driven from their homes there, do not receive all the support and love their communities and neighbouring countries can give. Aussies raised 25 million dollars in one night.There have been some astonishing stories of compassion and community here. Poland and neighbouring countries have opened their homes and are welcoming refugees. All actions will surpass the measly offering of a Kit Kat and a bag of crisps by the British government and their bureaucratic nightmare visa requirements. 


Muddy leaves the one remaining sign of flood levels that were high.


Beautiful craftsmanship in the windows with the Kangaroo and Emu, national symbols depicted in them. 

With the sun out and warming I walk the neighbourhood once more and take solace, in this troubled and unjust world, of the beauty I see around me which I share with you. I can go about my daily tasks without the spectre of war and I am grateful of this every day. I do not want to even entertain that possibility for my lifetime or that of my children and yet it is not so long ago that Europe, the Balkans, Syria, Iran and Cyprus and many countries in Africa were engulfed in their own wars. The list is too long. We don't seem to push diplomacy hard enough or find solutions. This one may have world ramifications which we all dread. Not all leaders are caring or inspirational so using our vote is a must and a need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)