Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 18 February 2022

Bartering, Borrowing and Walking forgetfully

A friend - (bartering mate honey for eggs) offered me a concert ticket which she left in her post box, and as a small thanks I offered to take her doggies for a walk. It was wonderful to see them but I forgot to take poo bags. One of the dogs left a deposit on someone's front lawn, so heading back to her house, I met her tenants and luckily they had one. I dropped off the doggies and went to pick up the poo, meandered in beautiful streets looking at gardens and flowers under a blue, blue sky, was nearly home when I realised I had forgotten to pick up the ticket. 

Το γήρας ουκ έρχεται μόνον!! as our mother used to say - old age comes with problems and one of them is forgetfulness - two strikes today, but oh well the morning was blissful. 




Looking at this bloom I love how that one flower is daring to be different. 
Behind me along the way two girls with coffees - overhearing their conversation was inevitable.

"He wants an open relationship and I can understand where he is coming from, but like I could date all these men too couldn't I ? With him it's like his ego which is telling him to do this.
 Like what do you think I should do? 

OH Gosh they dawdled too long for me to hear the answer to that, which would have added just that little bit of excitement to an otherwise super day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)