Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Discoveries with Dougall 18- As social as a ...

Butterfly - I have to say I was in excellent company with them today out with Dougall. Cabbage whites, Monarchs, green spotted triangles, moths oh my goodness they were everywhere. So there are two bright spots today you lucky ones out there.


Aren't the colours of this leaf stunning?

And the second bright spot on our walk was this:


Eerie calm in the neighbourhood and yesterday in the city. No lingering. No stopping for a coffee and a chat. We have to take this virus seriously. Today back from the walk windows flung wide open, sitting on floor going through my bookcase, this one.

Having pulled them all out and given them a good clean some were assigned to the Give Away pile while others were lovingly placed back on the shelf. Next it was the turn of the shells and rocks. That meant a quick clean of each one before putting them back and a much longer think about the beach, the rock face or the corner of the planet from which they came from. A good exercise for the grey matter. 


And finally this morning a bit of a Before and After for you. I always remember my housekeeper Kumari who would sit crossed legged on the floor and sing Nepali songs while polishing away. 



I will spare you the joy of listening to me singing anything ! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)