Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Saturday 7 March 2020

Bushfire Parade through Brisbane City.

Today was the bushfire parade in Brisbane city when the volunteer firefighters, State emergency services, Rural fire service, National Parks, RSPCA, The Salvation Army, Red Cross  and LifeLine, and the Defence Forces  paraded through the streets of the city ending up at Brisbane city hall where the keys to the city were going to be presented to the volunteer firefighters. 






To my surprise I was moved and tearful seeing this small parade of honourable people. I listened to the MC at Brisbane City Hall reminding us of their sacrifices and their efforts, whether individual or collective to save lives, property and wildlife and it brought back the devastation and the helplessness I remember feeling during that time. The parade and ceremony were heartfelt ways for the city and its citizens to say thank you. An even larger part of what moved me was the realisation that this was now my home and my city and I was privileged to have been welcomed into this lucky country which I can call my own. Australians look after each other and the rest see this and never forget to give thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)