Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Missing my Jacaranda but watch this space...

 It's Jacaranda time here in Brisbane and I miss my tree - so for old times sake here it is. 


The absence of one however has pushed me to create another - so from the stone/pip/seed of Russ's avocado I nurtured it in a cup of local artist and ceramicist Tony Rice, until it suddenly shot up and declared its roots to the water. I was so thrilled to see that. Hubby has planted it in a pot and I have officially anointed the three men, Russ, Tony and Charlie to be godfathers to my new avocado tree. Long may it grow and flourish. 


When it is stronger it will find its place in the garden, already reserved for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)