Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 2 December 2021

Night life

And the forest comes alive. Now you see me. I am the most beautiful striped Possum and I love sucking a little of the honey from the sap side of this tree. Here you see me going down but I will soon be coming up as well. I take my time because I love it. Sometimes I have to share with the sugar glider and he is really annoying because he likes the honey as much as I do. I chase him around the tree and occasionally we bump into one another. 




Scurrying around in the undergrowth is Bartholomew the Bandicoot. He must have Greek genes. Look at that nose. 

And not far from there antichinus and the musky rat kangaroo rustle around but they are a lot quieter then that blasted brush turkey and the scrub fowl. 

And that is not all - a little further in Yungaburra we came across not one, not two, but three platypuses. We had such fun watching them all as they were quite happy to stay on the surface for a while before disappearing in a jumble of bubbles below. I will share one video with you of our favourite as he was so playful. Coming up, rolling around, or floating happily and then landing on a rock where he had a big scratch. You can see him doing this in the video. 


This is an unusual creature and not often seen, but this sighting was just the best. A very happy Hubby sported his platypus shirt at dinner to show his joy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)