Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 9 April 2021

Discoveries with Dougall 37 Dappled Light

You cannot imagine how reinvigorated I feel finding the sun again after all the gloomy and wet days. So much so that last night after a sunny day I walked home from my dinner date. It was 10.30 at night but the sky was clear and full of stars, the jasmine from garden hedges hung in the air, I was wearing a swishy skirt which called for some sashaying and I couldn't bear the thought of getting into an uber with a mask on. So I walked the 8.3 kms home. It was bliss to be able to do this. The night was cool and dry, the breeze was welcome and I felt as safe as houses walking. That is how it should be but I still feel the joy of being able to do this. So today on our walk with Dougall light and dark was in my mind. Like in our lives at times, when we feel a lightness in spirit but other times descend to darker parts of our psyche. The paths with the sun overhead offered just that playing out of thoughts - shadows over fields, light making other patches sparkle like quicksilver splashed down in abundance. 



In the trees above a baby and mummy kookaburra. 

Light is such an important part of my life. I crave it and miss it when it is not there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)