Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Sunday 28 February 2021

Discoveries with Dougall 32 - Hot Dog's last day of summer 28th Feb 2021.

Today's sweaty offerings were found in 32 C heat and high humidity which made both of us tire and sweat. Dougall looked more than a bit fed up with me. Why do you walk in the midday sun ? Answer, so I can keep you off the lead, as no one else is crazy enough to be out here. Here he is- had to find a clear little stream for him to enjoy. Doesn't he look thoroughly fed up ? 


The beautiful bark of a baobab tree- almost like a silk weave. 

A blue duck looking over at us
A gum blushing orange 
An unusually coloured frangipani - blood red 
Fungi popping up everywhere
More Cactus then house - great burglar deterrent ! 
The summer draws to a close, it was wetter than usual and hotter than usual but lovely in its intensity and its warmth. I know I respond well each time I see the sun outside my window eager for a few more discoveries with a less hot dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)