Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 4 December 2020

Disasters with Dougall- so it doesnt count as a proper walk

I set off to go the Fridge Community Library up the road - in case you don't know it, it is an old Fridge which doubles up as a Library and people can borrow or take books and contribute ones they no longer want. 

I made the mistake of heading out about 500 pm - and Dougall was at the gate. Hubby asked if I was taking him and while my initial instinct was no, his lovely face persuaded me otherwise. So I took the lead which he played catch with, and off we went. Except it turned out to be an obstacle course of encounters with other dogs. Some big, some small, some yappy, some downright unfriendly so he - we - were subjected to some hairy moments and they were coming in thick and fast. I was about to give up. He is so strong he can pull me over and I wasn't wearing the right shoes - but then remembered my boys' advice and decided to try and discipline him more and hold him on a tighter lease. There were parts along the way which were enjoyable but for the most part I had my heart in my mouth trying to keep him from being over exuberant with the millions of dogs out on the path that time of day and when I finally got home I wondered why my right hand was sore - ah holding him close, that is why. 

These are some of the saner moments. 

Just out of reach and happily so - Dougall thought otherwise ! 
The patterning on these leaves is exceptionally beautiful - we stopped to take it all in 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)