Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 November 2020

Motherhood and all that it entails

Following on from yesterday's delightful story about a chipmunk restaurant I give you motherhood and a mother's innate ability to offer their young a warm and safe place to nap during the day. No one was more surprised then me to see them there, resting, grooming, cuddling. I had gone to clean the BBQ from the previous nights cooking and they clearly were not at all perturbed by my scrapping and scrubbing.  So I tiptoed around them all day. At one point in the afternoon, one of the doors had been pushed open. Too stuffy perhaps? Had they gone? No they were still there but needed a little more air. Then I thought perhaps something is wrong with the baby so I watched carefully to see if it was breathing. It was. 

Later as the day ended and the night slowly enveloped this lovely corner of the city, I watched mum climb out with the baby on her back and into the lily pilly tree just by the deck. So I thought well now they are well rested and ready for a feed, it might not be chipmunk standard but something a little different if only for the pleasure they have given me to share these tender moments. 


And the proof is in the dinner shared. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)