Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 February 2020

A garden home

The garden has loved the rain and I have been very excited to see the first bloom on our Tibouchina tree after we had it cut back. It is so very beautiful you will agree. And the sky is Blue.


The rain has made a difference of course and the weeds have sprung up, so I spent an afternoon weeding like mad and just generally tidying up after all the weeks away. I filled the buckets and carried them down to the open compost bins we have at the bottom of the garden near the Bee hive.C mowed the lawn and all the grass clippings go into them as well. Our activity in the last couple of days clearly disturbed a new occupant. It has probably nested there so we expect lots of slithery sidlets might be hatching out soon. Good thing I didn't go too close to the bin eh. 



 One of my cheeky chappies is back on the deck and life takes its course. 
The sky has turned grey and we await the rain. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)