Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 26 October 2017

Bali Bites



I travelled to Bali with hundred of Australians, their tatooes and their children. Passing through passport control the immigration officer asked me "First time in Bali?" "Yes," I replied sheepishly feeling as if I was very late in coming to this experience. 

I arrived at my hotel https://www.alilahotels.com/ubud close to midnight and as I waited for my details to be processed I sat transfixed at the noises all around. The rainforest was alive with cicadas, frogs, lizards, langur monkeys and bird calls. As we were walking to the room I stopped once more to listen ... only to suddenly feel intense burning on my feet. Red ants who saw this pink ballerina-shoed moisturised foreigner cross their path thought the opportunity too great to pass up. They scrambled up and started biting like mad. I rushed to the room and took my trousers down while the poor hotel attendant was busy stamping them out with my shoes. Hilarious really and it made me think of Balinese dancers dancing so nimbly on their toes...

1 comment:

Leave a comment :)