Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Monday 24 April 2017

Making a new unknown friend

I was sitting on the deck, breathing in the scented air. The cockatoos had come and eaten their sunflower seeds and most of them had taken off. One stayed behind. We feed the birds and give them water but we don't approach them. Today was different. This cockatoo approached me. I was sitting at the table and it alighted on the back of the chair next to me, then it made its way over as close to me as it could get. I started talking to it and I put my hand out. It turned to look at it and gently and carefully I started stroking its feathers on its back. We sat there in this state of togetherness for quite a while. I was so happy this had happened, I had made a new friend but truth be told I have no idea how to tell one cockatoo from another. A friend said the females have red circles around their eyes. This one was a girl if that is indeed a feature. I look upon it as befriending a whole species. Now that is a whole lot of new friends, all at once, which FB would be happy about. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)