Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Thursday 14 July 2016

Creatures captured - Kayo Yokoyama

Not how you would expect - no traps here, no nets, just a steady hand guiding a diamond cutter to create some exquisite creatures. The creator is an artist from NSW, Kayo Yokoyama. She has used glass as her medium and with these diamond cutters she engraves into the glass, creatures of all shapes and sizes. I love the salamander and the cockatoo, the blue bottles and the koalas. It is quite a unique way of capturing these beautiful creatures - another prettier form of fossilisation. She says her inspiration behind this series of works is born from the idea of taking time to stop and look. I am a great fan of this. A huge fan in fact. I never take my phone out on public transport. Why should I look at it when I have the world to look at. I never look at it at a bust stop when I pick up the best conversations with those next to me. I dont have ear plugs as I walk down a path. How would I hear the birds? I dont listen to podcasts walking along. I might miss some event in nature. So when an artist actually says this is is her inspiration I want to shout and dance about and share her beautiful work with you. Wish more would too. Here are some of her captured creatures. This is one captivity I can happily be a fan of. The pictures come from Redhill Gallery where her work is currently on display.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)