Hello welcome to my Blog

Mezze is widely served in the Greek and Middle eastern world. An assortment of little dishes and tasters which accompany a nice ouzo or a glass of wine. So when you read mezze moments you will have tasty snippets of life as I live it, India for four years and now Brisbane Australia, all served up with some Greek fervour and passion.

Search This Blog

Friday 7 March 2014

The year is 3014...

Two people are having a conversation :

"I was listening to how people talked all those years ago - in 2014 and you know I am a bit baffled bit it."

"Yes there is that strange word that seems to come up again and again."

"What do you think it was - a new language ?

"It just seems to come up in the conversation all the time - and if so what might it be, a verb, a noun, and adjective?"

"I wonder what brought it into the language?"

The clip they listened to went something like this:

"I, like, am so excited about the party. I like went into Top Shop and like thought Oh my god what shall I like wear. I mean like it is not as if it is important or anything like special but you know I just felt like I wanted to make a special effort and like get something really nice."

"Oh I like get that - it seems like forever that we have been planning this and like it is going to be an awesome night but I like feel that we mustn't have too many like expectations because it might like bomb."

"No it wont, I feel like it will be great and like I have already got a group together for it. I like planned the music as well - I just feel like we need to get a good music vibe going to like, get, like the right atmosphere . Wouldn't it be good to like getting everyone going ?  Like am so stoked about it its not true. I like booked an appointment to have my hair done, like in a top bun, like in those magazines.
Like I know we will be dancing but I am going to wear my platforms anyway and like ditch them if they get like uncomfortable.And what about the food, like what shall we have ? Like do you think people like asian like stuff or should we play it like safe and have pies ?

"Well lets like see whats on offer."

Explanations, translations and rationalisations warmly received.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment :)